Deleteing your ad....Please wait....
Please do NOT close the browser or click any links until this process has completed.
Job Openings > Child Care
Ad Number: 185638
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Posted: Jul 11th 2019 at 6am
Early Childhood Intervention Worker – full time
|Type:||Full Time||Start Date:||Wed, Aug 21st 2019|
|Pay:||TBD||Closing Date:||Wed, Aug 21st 2019|
|Employer:||NWT Disabilities Council|
The Early Childhood Interventionist, as part of an integrated team, will provide early intervention supports to preschool children experiencing developmental delays. This support is strength based and child-centered and family directed in order to maximize success. The intervention can take place in multiple locations based on the child’s needs and is family directed.Duties
- Support child, through an individualized plan, to develop skills in areas of delay.
- To create positive and strength based opportunities for skill development in a family-directed, culturally sensitive manner
- Establish and maintain good communication and professional relationships with family that are family directed, value based and culturally appropriate,
- Participate in professional education and development to enhance knowledge
- Encourage the development of natural relationships with peers,
- Model appropriate interactions with all children,
- Work as part of a larger integrated team of professionals,
- Develop , implement, collect data and complete reporting as to the progress in areas of development,
- Be punctual and consistent at early intervention sessions,
- Fully immersed in play and activities including; walking, play, lifting, bending, running etc. As well as comfortable supporting with dignity and respect; personal hygiene/ health needs and anxiety, sensory and related issues .
- Post- secondary education in Early Childhood Education/ Education/Disabilities Studies preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of child development and early intervention strategies
- Understanding of Individual child centered planning
- Current First Aid and CPR certification,
- Two years’ experience working with children with disabilities in an early childhood setting;
- Non- violent physical crisis intervention or Safe Management certification (willing to train)
- Ability to obtain a Vulnerable Criminal Records Check,
- Ability to work well as both; part of an integrated team and independently
- Responsible and respectful with adherence to a strict code of confidentiality and conduct
- Administrative requirements to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to keep accurate and concise case notes
viewed: 215 times, printed: 16 times, on 0 watchlists, emailed to 0 friends, emailed to 0 watchlists