Deleteing your ad....Please wait....
Please do NOT close the browser or click any links until this process has completed.
Job Openings > Sales, retail sales
Ad Number: 182342
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Posted: May 4th 2019 at 2:46pm
ReStore (Summer Student) Sales and Donations Assoc
|Type:||Temporary||Start Date:||Tue, May 14th 2019|
|Pay:||18/Hour||Closing Date:||Sat, Jun 15th 2019|
|Employer:||ReStore-Habitat Fot Humanity NWT|
Habitat for Humanity NWT’s ReStore is seeking an organized, efficient, flexible, energetic and personable individual for the position of Sales and Donations Associate (Summer Student). The ReStore is a unique retail environment that sells new and used donated building supplies, home improvement merchandise and furniture to the public. Qualified candidates will have a “customer first” mindset, and have the desire to work in a nonstandard retail environment. This is an opportunity for someone who believes in the three R’s: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. The mission of Habitat for Humanity is to seek to put God’s love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- Assist with the retail operation including preparing donations for the floor, making sales, operating the cash register and ensuring the store and property is clean and safe.
- Promptly and carefully load and unload donations in and out of the Habitat truck, and assist customers with loading their purchases into their personal vehicles.
- Interact positively with customers, donors, volunteers, and staff in all verbal and non-verbal communications
- Provide superior customer service to everyone who enters the store.
- Learn and follow store policies and procedures.
This position is full-time temporary for three months (May-June-July and qualified candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Education: Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Aged between 18-30 to comply with Canada Summer Jobs requirements
- Experience: Retail experience preferred with minimal knowledge in construction or building materials. - Knowledge of computers and social media platforms e.g. Facebook
- Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) fair market values of new and used building materials.
- Superior customer service and team-minded attitude.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds, work standing, sitting, squatting, bending, kneeling for periods of time
- Capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
- Operate a Point of Sale system with proficiency and integrity
- Able to encourage and direct volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
- Job location is adjacent to the City Dump on Old Highway 4 and the successful applicant will need their own transportation to and from work.
Please stop by the ReStore Pop-up store in Centre Square Mall Tuesday through Saturday, 9 AM to 5 PM or submit resume and cover letter to Tamlin at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
viewed: 198 times, printed: 14 times, on 0 watchlists, emailed to 0 friends, emailed to 0 watchlists