Deleteing your ad....Please wait....
Please do NOT close the browser or click any links until this process has completed.
Job Openings > Other
Ad Number: 162459
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posted: Apr 6th 2018 at 11:10am
Ground Operations Supervisor
|Type:||Full Time||Start Date:||Tue, May 1st 2018|
|Employer:||Ledcor - Summit Air|
As a Ground Operations Supervisor you will lead the Summit Air Ramp team in coordinating ground operations to ensure that our fleet of aircrafts is on time in an ever-changing environment. You will work with a growing and dynamic aviation company. You will oversee all ground operations, including budgets and training for ground operations personnel.
Join the Summit Air in Yellowknife, NT as we continue to expand our charter operations!
- Coordinates, assigns and reviews the work of Ramp Agents, and oversees shipping and receiving
- Coordinates and tracks all freight inbound/outbound
- Ensures timely departures of aircraft by ensuring de-icing, freight coordination, and aircraft movements are all coordinated in a timely manner
- Establishes work schedules, training schedules and procedures, and coordinates activities with other departments
- Anticipates and quickly reacts to logistics challenges
- Resolves work-related problems, and prepares and submits progress and other reports
- Trains workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisitions supplies and materials
- Ensures smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery and arranges for maintenance and repair work
- May perform additional duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory or management role
- Experience working in ramp or ground operations or logistics within a small or medium-sized company; aviation experience would be an asset
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative approach to team building and mentorship
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and ability to quickly learn new software
- Strong attention to detail, and excellent organizational
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a demanding, high volume environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Monday to Friday schedule. Flexibility will be required to handle any issues that arise
viewed: 108 times, printed: 13 times, on 0 watchlists, emailed to 0 friends, emailed to 0 watchlists